[vlc] problems

Michael Bender Michael.Bender at Sun.COM
Mon Nov 2 18:18:13 CET 2009

On Nov 2, 2009, at 1:39 AM, Tim Straight wrote:

> Why the smartass replies to your users/customers/clients? They are
> seeking HELP, not humor!

Well, *I* thought it was funny. The guy basically wrote: "Hi, why
doesn't this work?" without any other details. It would be like taking
your car to a garage and when the mechanic asks you what's wrong,
you say "it doesn't work" and then expecting the mechanic to diagnose
the problem based solely on that little bit of information.

Anyway, as others have written, VLC is free and created and maintained
by people volunteering their time and effort, so in my mind they can
darn
well reply however they choose to on their list - you are free to ignore
their replies and not use VLC, but please don't come on this list and
criticize the developers for their responses, especially when people
post
queries such as the one below.

mike

----