[vlc] Can't load subtitles on 1.03

Mr. Barth mrbarth at shaw.ca
Sun Nov 8 04:37:53 CET 2009

Hello.

We have several movies that have .srt files for the subtitles.  In my
previous version of VLC I was able to open the subtitle file (or
somehow enter it into the player) and no problem.  However when I
upgraded my VLC to 1.0.3 it doesn't seem to recognize any of my
subtitle files.  I went to various websites for suggestions and they
all are for the older version.

Any way I am doing something wrong here?

We wanted to watch some of the "Best French Films of 2000s" but my
french is not at all where it should be to watch these films without a
bit of english subtitles.

Thanks for your help.

Oh, I am using a MACBOOK with Leopard 10.5

Lewis Bartholomew
mrbarth at shaw.ca