[vlc] Unauthorized VLC player distribution in order for make money

M i R o mirik.bb at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 21:14:32 CET 2009

Dear VideoLan team,

let me inform you about unauthorized VLC player distribution in order for
make money.
The company Pro Content as owner of the web site http://downloads-portal.sk/ is
offering to download a lot of free software. VLC is one of them.
The problem is, that to download any piece of the software, every user MUST
register and agre with conditions to pay 5Eur/month for next 12 months in
advance = 60Eur prior any download.
All the conditions are written in small letters under the registration form.

To be honest, I like VLC very much and would liketo pay directly to
develpment team than anybody who want grow rich from your hard work.
I am not sure if I am doing well, but I had feeling that you should know
about such unfair practices

Besr regards,

Miro