[vlc] capture keys from remote control in application using libVLC

Flavio Alberto Lopes Soares flavio.thunder at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 20:28:49 CET 2009

Hello all,

I need to capture the keys received in VLC from LIRC plugin running on a
Linux system, I'm a newbie on vlc and lirc, and I don't know where to start,
googling I cannot found information about this (I don't know if I used the
correct terms in search).
There's some way to attach this keys receiving to event handling "mechanism"
(the documentation that I found indicates several events from media player
but nothing about other events) to attach the key receive to my application
using libVLC as background ?

Thanks for all help
Flávio Alberto Lopes Soares