[vlc] new version 1.0.3 bug ?

Ted Llewellyn llewell at frontiernet.net
Fri Nov 20 20:44:33 CET 2009

In his note from Nov. 9 sylvain.delmat notes that version 1.0.3 now fails to detect the length of an .flv file and cannot seek forward in the file on XP.

I also have this problem on XP.  Version 1.0.3 does not know how long a flash video is, cannot tell how far into the file it is, and when you try to move forward by clicking on the slider the playback stops and the video closes.  At first I thought I had a corrupted file, but after running into the problem again, I discovered that Real Player has no such problems with these files.

Version 1.0.3 seems to have broken flash video playback.