[vlc] How to hear multiple audio channel

Robin Cosby robin at cosby.demon.co.uk
Sun Nov 22 15:11:04 CET 2009

Alvise Maffei wrote:
> When streaming video with multiple audio channel only one channel may
> be heared even if video is still going on. By clicking on "Audio" you
> can see which channel is enabled: is it possible to enable _all_ the
> channel?
>
> A second question: I often enhance bas sound, is it possible to fix
> theese setting avoiding to make settings each time I open VLC player?
>
> Someone can help me??   Alvise

Hi!

I can't help you with the first problem, but the following may help you
with your second question:-

Go to "Tools" > "Preferences".   Select "Show all Settings". Then go to
"Advanced Settings" > "Audio" > "Filters" >  "Equaliser".

Here, you will see a line referring to Equaliser presets.  Beneath that
is another line, "Bands gain", followed by a series of numbers.  If you
hover your mouse over these, you will find the following explanation: -
"Don't use presets, but manually specified bands.  You need to provide
10 values between -20dB and 20dB, separated by spaces..."

HTH

Robin Cosby