[vlc] How to hear multiple audio channel

Alvise Maffei maffei.alvise at alice.it
Tue Nov 24 10:49:44 CET 2009

A great help, thank you!  Alvise
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Robin Cosby
  Sent: Sunday, November 22, 2009 3:11 PM
  Subject: Re: [vlc] How to hear multiple audio channel

  Alvise Maffei wrote:
    When streaming video with multiple audio channel only one channel may be heared even if video is still going on. By clicking on "Audio" you can see which channel is enabled: is it possible to enable all the channel?
    A second question: I often enhance bas sound, is it possible to fix theese setting avoiding to make settings each time I open VLC player?

    Someone can help me??   Alvise

  Hi!

  I can't help you with the first problem, but the following may help you with your second question:-

  Go to "Tools" > "Preferences".   Select "Show all Settings". Then go to "Advanced Settings" > "Audio" > "Filters" >  "Equaliser".

  Here, you will see a line referring to Equaliser presets.  Beneath that is another line, "Bands gain", followed by a series of numbers.  If you hover your mouse over these, you will find the following explanation: - "Don't use presets, but manually specified bands.  You need to provide 10 values between -20dB and 20dB, separated by spaces..."

  HTH

  Robin Cosby