[vlc] 64 bit VLC?

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 26 11:34:03 CET 2009

Hello Ally,

On 25.11.2009, at 06:46, Ally Lamb wrote:

> I've just downloaded the most recent version of VLC from your site. It's the Intel 32 bit version. Is there a 64 bit version? I looked around the page, but I couldn't find one. I'm running Snow Leopard, in case that matters. Thanks very much!

Regrettably, no such version is available officially right now. For testing purposes, you are welcome to download pre-liminary versions from nightlies.videolan.org. We don't offer support for these though, as they may simply not work from time time since they are based on our current development code.

You can easily use the 32bit version of VLC on Snow Leopard without a major speed deficit, but with far less bugs.

Best regards,

Felix

--
VideoLAN