[vlc] VLC Player

dermothayes05 at aol.com dermothayes05 at aol.com
Sun Oct 4 16:36:07 CEST 2009

Dear Support Staff

I recently downloaded a free copy of VLC Player have some questions I would
 appreciate your help with.
I downloaded it to test iso files I have burned

Question 1
VLC  Video Lan Cxxxx  What does the c mean?

Question 2
I realise that the player will play back many video and audio files, but
waht doe the LAN in the name have to do with it?

Question 3
When I run VLC player I am requested to choose an option from a  dropdown
list Album Art Policy regarding internet access which I left at the  default
setting.

I also did not fully understand the message regarding when  an  application
goes online without authorisation which is due to not understanding  the
full capabilities of VLC Player.

Any advise  regarding my questions to clarify my understanding  would be
much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Dermot Hayes