[vlc] AVAILABLE_MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_6_AND_LATER

Felix Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 26 15:08:21 CEST 2009

>$ ./bootstrap
>(changed ARCH=x86_64 from ARCH=i386 in config.mak)
>$ make
This way, you mess up your contribs. You'll probably need to do this
change after downloading and installing the contrib package (otherwise
configure will fail). Prior to the contribs' installation, this will
get you the wrong package.

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Rodrigo Guerra <tioguerra at gmail.com> wrote:
> $ ./configure CFLAGS="-arch x86_64" LDFLAGS="-arch x86_64"
> OBJCFLAGS="-arch x86_64" --build=x86_64-apple-darwin9.7.0

This is wrong. Apple's version of GCC will output 64bit binaries by
default on Mac OS X Snow Leopard aka Darwin 10. Additionally, you'll
want to use the "-m32" or "-m64" flags to change the default behavior
instead of the "-arch" flag. The latter will not necessarily enforce
compilation for the desired architecture.
To change the architecture, make sure to export "-m64" or "-m32"
within CPPFLAGS and CXXFLAGS as well, as these are quite important for
VLC's compilation system.

> $ make
>
> Everything seems fine up until the make command. When I run make I got
> the following:
> $ make
> CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd . && /bin/sh
> /Users/guerra/vlc/autotools/missing --run aclocal-1.11 -I m4
> configure.ac:4591: warning: macro `AM_PATH_LIBGCRYPT' not found in library
>  cd . && /bin/sh /Users/guerra/vlc/autotools/missing --run automake-1.11 --gnu
> CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd . && /bin/sh
> /Users/guerra/vlc/autotools/missing --run autoconf
> configure.ac:4591: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_LIBGCRYPT
>      If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>      See the Autoconf documentation.
> make: *** [configure] Error 1
Seems like your autotools installation is broken. Make sure that the
only auto* stuff in your $PATH is in extras/contrib.

> I installed Xcode 3.2 and also marked to install all the SDKs, but I
> did not find Xcode tools in the downloads section of Apple Developer
> Connection. Where do I find this?
Xcode 3.2 from the same system disk you used for your Snow Leopard
installation is absolutely fine. Future updates of the Xcode will be
available free of charge on connect.apple.com. Note that you'll need
to register for a free ADC Online Membership in order to be able to
download this software.

HTH

Best regards,

Felix