[vlc] VLC crashes with MediaTomb

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Mon Sep 28 00:30:00 CEST 2009

Trying to use VLC as a live transcoder with MediaTomb, but it keeps
crashing.
MT provides an URL (the source) and a special file (the destination) to
VLC. The URL is for an MP3 Internet radio streaming station, and the
special file is where MT expects the decoded raw audio stream.

This is the script:

######################################
#!/bin/bash

export HOME="/var/lib/mediatomb"

VLC_PATH="/usr/bin/cvlc"
INPUT="$1"
OUTPUT="$2"
AUDIO_CODEC="s16b"
AUDIO_BITRATE="192"
AUDIO_SAMPLERATE="44100"
AUDIO_CHANNELS="2"
FORMAT="raw"

tmp="/tmp/vlc"

echo "==========================================" >> $tmp
echo $1 >> $tmp
echo $2 >> $tmp

exec "${VLC_PATH}" "${INPUT}" -vvv -I dummy \
--sout="#transcode{acodec=${AUDIO_CODEC},\
ab=${AUDIO_BITRATE},samplerate=${AUDIO_SAMPLERATE},channels=${AUDIO_CHANNELS}}:\
standard{access=file,mux=${FORMAT},dst=${OUTPUT}}" vlc://quit 1>>$tmp
2>>$tmp

This is the VLC debug output:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/29966/mediatomb/vlc.txt

If I launch the VLC script manually, and provide the URL for $1 and a
random file name for $2, it keeps running without crashing and keeps
writing data to the file.

Can anybody tell whether there's something wrong with VLC?

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/