[vlc] Volume Control Issues

gonzague gonzagueddr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 19:44:44 CEST 2010

I've been ever asked something like this (allow or not some commands,
but why, i don't know ???, but i don't care), the "solution" i found was
to make my own "interface" :

1) Start vlc with the rc interface : vlc --extraintf=rc
--rc-host=127.0.0.1:8000 -I dummy mypls.m3u
2) Have a little python script to connect to vlc and send commands ( the
attached singleCmd.py )
3) With you favorite gui builder ( i 've tried wx for python and with a
php script ) , bind your commands ( onclick execute "python singleCmd.py
cmd arg") , and then here you can do what you want .

Hope that helps

regards

Gonzague