[vlc] VLC - Multicast usage

KS Park kspark at truen.co.kr
Fri Apr 9 04:27:26 CEST 2010

Hi,

We, Truen Co., Ltd, are a IP camera vendor.
One of our customers wants to know if VLC Player can view video stream from our IP camera in the following way:
   - Our IP camera multicast video with RTP. For example, an RTP session sending to a multicast address 224.1.1.1 is created.
   - VLC user specifies the multicast session by specifying the mulitcast address in the URL.
     In fact I have tried the following URL to VLC player, but nothing happened.
         rtp://224.1.1.1:3000         //Port 3000 is the port to which our IP camera multicasts RTP packets.

Your comments on this issue would be very appreciated.

Best Regards,

KS Park
Truen Co., Ltd.