[vlc] some problems in using VLC Media Player

dashamir borici dashamirborici at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 15:10:06 CEST 2010

Hello VLC team

I am a user of VLC Media player

For many times I use VLC Media Player as a default media player in my PC.

It is a media player that opens many formats and in a good quality.

But I have noticed some problems in using of this software.

1) The updating of VLC Media Player is somehow difficult and very manual.

     For example if a user has the version 1.0.1 of VLC Media Player and
wants

     to update, (to get the ultimate version of VLC Media Player) he must
uninstall

     the older version and to install the newer. If he follow   HELP – CHECK
FOR

     UPDATES…and the steps after that, the procedure is manually too. After

     finding the update and finishing the automatic downloading, the
software doesn’t

     make anything. It must uninstall the older version and install the new
version.

     The best way of update is an update process like the SKYPE update, when
every

     step, and the new features in the updating installed automatically and
directly.

2) The maximum volume of VLC Media Player goes to 200%. It is a good choose

    that you have been. But sometimes is required to set the volume to 100%
after a

    different volume (example after experiencing in 75% or another). For
this reason

    it will be better to add a button in the interface, near the volume
control that

    “ set the volume automatically to 100% ” named for example “auto to
100%”

3) The VLC Media Player software doesn’t contain any other skin except the
main

    skin. The others are found in the VLC skins website. It will be better
that the

    skins to be present in the software without extra downloading. This will
increase

    the setup file size and the program size. But today that the internet
speed (and the

    downloading speed too) is becoming higher, the hard disc spaces are
becoming

    bigger and the processors are becoming faster, is not a problem to
increase with

    some Mb the program and the setup.

4) Sometimes when I am watching videos in full screen mode and I have tried
to pass

    from video file to an audio file automatically, the full screen mode
stay again.

    It will be better that if we are watching a video in full screen mode an
pass to an

    audio file the view to change automatically to normal mode.

5) Because VLC Media Player opens many formats and it is very usable by many

    people it will be better to add the option “set as default media player
of PC”

    to automatically set VLC Media Player as the default media player for
media

    formats.

Considering that you will read and apply my suggestions I want to wish you
to have

a nice work.