[vlc] Printing video stats using VLC command line in real time

Priya pbhat at acis.ufl.edu
Tue Aug 24 20:03:33 CEST 2010

Hi all:

I want to run a *.mpg video using VLC player while printing the media
information statistics (number of lost frames, bit rate or frames per
second) to the standard output or console in real time.

I can access these stats from the GUI ( Tools -> Media Information ->
Statistics ), but I don't know how to print it to console or file.

Could some one tell me how to use the command line options to print this
information. Do we have to use the --stats option, if so where are the stats
collected ?

Please help, this seems to be a simple enough thing but I just cannot seem
to find it....

--
Priya Bhat