[vlc] horrible bug

Arioch the_Arioch at nm.ru
Thu Aug 26 19:44:16 CEST 2010

В письме от Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:16:16 +0400, Dave Lasc
<davelasc at gmail.com> сообщал:

> Unfortunately, I cannot find the old version that worked perfectly.

What is the version ?
You can easily download 1.0.5. for example
Just 5 clicks on www.videolan.com

> so far, you should remove the add on your site "plays everything", as it
> currently plays nothing!!!!

It does play a lot.

> whenever i try to play something, I get a pop up "building font cache".
> WHY?

Because it is building font cache.

> it takes half an hour before it can play anything,

10-15 minutes to me.

> in case your computer
> does not crush because of overheating (uses all possible resources).

You should repair your computer. No program, including VLC, is garanteed
to work on defective unstable computer.

> I had to crush it in the task manager.

No, you had to let it complete.

> FYI, I don't use any files that have subtitles and it happens EVERY time
> when I want to play something (even music).

There is OSD also.

> so, it's not only after the first run.

It is.
I did not crushed VLC, and now VLC works fine.
Of course, when you crush something, you should not expect it to 100%
survive crushing.

There are quite a few of old versions on www.videolan.org

--
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/