[vlc] Release of AribaMC: Overlay-based video streaming plugin for VLC

Arioch the_Arioch at nm.ru
Tue Dec 14 10:26:25 CET 2010

В письме от Tue, 14 Dec 2010 11:52:41 +0300, Christoph Mayer
<mayer at kit.edu> сообщал:

> We would be happy to hear your opinions, feedback, and requirements that
> you state on such a streaming plugin and hope that you find it useful!

Interesting...

Does Ariba use native IP Multicast, if found that backbone is capable ?

The next question i think wouldl have answer "no" but maybe would
influence you future goals.

Can Ariba be made for Windows, or libraries are linux-specific ?
     Can Ariba be distiributed as binary plugin for vanilla Win32
installation ?
Can Ariba be used, so that clients determine what to view, not passively
accept what server is streaming?
     From 1st glance, VLC has this in Tools -> Configure VLM -> Video on
Demand mode.
     For use cases such as advertisement screens in large shop center, "all
clients consume what server streams"
     is perfect mode, but for home use "every client chooses from list what
to watch" is probably better.
Can Ariba clients use network auto-discovery, such as ZeroConf (Avahi) or
UPnP or such ?
     This probably woud take revamping of the whole VLC GUI, i do not
remember VCL stable versions having GUI
     to choose from list of available network shares. Either user manualy
enters it, or nothing.
Would Ariba server auto-discover clients and chooses one to proactively
stream to ?
     I mean in the end impementing usecases like
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UPnP_AV_media_servers_and_clients#UPnP_media_render_hardware
     And like DMR profie of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DLNA

Thanks.
The more different plugins would be there, the better it is for VLC :-)

--
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/