[vlc] [ariel.zion at ymail.com: Re: VLC updates]

Michael Bender Michael.Bender at oracle.com
Wed Dec 22 04:21:04 CET 2010

What would the Christmas Season be without the obligatory complaint
from some fetid corner of the Internet about the Santa Hat? I look
forward
every year to such a post, and every year I am also crestfallen because
VLC, at least on my Macs, doesn't display any icon other than the orange
and white traffic cone.

Of course what this poster doesn't seem to want to realize is that Santa
Claus is a relatively modern fabrication that only bears very slim
resemblance
to the Christian Saint Nicolas, but it is generally universally
accepted that
Santa Claus is not a religious symbol.

Merry Christmas to those that celebrate the holiday, secular or
otherwise.

Mike

----