[vlc] VLC trademark complaints/fake abuses

Slava belarus1917 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 24 21:59:44 CET 2010

hello !

on my websites I am promoting VLC Media Player with bundled Yahoo toolbar.
last weeks I am getting a lot of abuses, complaints saying that I am illegally using VLC trademark.
these abuses are coming from: vlctrademarks at yahoo.com, vlc-trademark at gmail.com and from other e-mails, but not from ... at videolan.org e-mail
I think these e-mails are bogus because they use free email accounts and complaints are fake.

please let me know your official position in this problem.
are you sending any abuses, complaints related to VLC Media Player trademark ?
if yes, then what is your official email related to this problem ? who personally is responsibly in your organisation for trademark questions ?

thanks.

Vik.