[vlc] No data of song length in the file

Khrippe khrippe at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 13:05:20 CET 2010

Hi, I'm having an apparently unusual problem, and couldn't find any info
about this from Google, so I hope you have an answer. I have a file (flac)
which doesn't show any end time (this is the only problem with the file),
VLC's box "Elapsed time" shows it like this: xx:xx/--:-- (instead of
example: xx:xx/03:30), and WMP (with codecs) does the same. I'd like to be
able to rewind the song, have a playlist, and edit the song, which currently
isn't possible as it will only play the same song all the time, and I'd
always need to open another song. So, do yo know if there is there a program
I can use to edit the file/add the data to get it properly working, or
something?

Thanks in advance.