[vlc] There is no VLC real-portable version available in the official web site. Why?

InterlinkKnight interlinkknight at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 01:27:10 CET 2010

*I search in the forum and some other pages but all say that if you want a
real portable version you need to download VLC from
http://portableapps.com/apps/music_video/vlc_portable <goog_1262304766078>

That portable version work but I wonder why the VLC official website says
"VLC media player is a highly portable multimedia placer". Is not portable!
A portable application is something you can place in an external drive (like
a flashdrive) without needing to install or change any setting.

I just see one official version to download, the setup-installer.

You should place two kinds of editions to download: the regular setup and
the portable (compressed in a ZIP file if the application need to be in a
folder). That way anyone can extract the file or folder and place it
anywhere they want without needing to search in another unofficial website.

Or remove the word "portable" from the description, because is not.
*