[vlc] Problem installing VLC for Mac 64 bit... help

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 11 13:04:03 CET 2010

Am 11.01.2010 um 06:10 schrieb Sol Hill <lucidly at mac.com>:

> I have checked the about VLC and it does say 32 bit.  I am not
> downloading the 32 bit version, rather the universal version, which
> everything I have read online has supported 64 bit since 1.0.2.
> I cannot figure out why 64 bit does not download or install.
> Was it pulled for some reason?
Yes, a couple of bugs appeared in the 64 bit version, which don't
exist in the 32 bit builds. Due to a lack of active mac developers at
that time, the issues remained unfixed. VLC will re-appear with full
64 bit support later this winter. For the meantime, there 64 bit
nightly builds available on nightlies.videolan.org.

Best regards,

Felix

--
Sent from my iPhone