[vlc] Stopping VLC from turning off monitor off delay

Bill Luebkert dbecoll at roadrunner.com
Sat Jan 23 12:07:22 CET 2010

I'm repeating this post since I got no response.

I turned off Preferences->Video->Disable screensaver which supposedly
keeps the screensaver from kicking in while running VLC, but VLC also
defeats the 'Turn monitor off' setting and won't let my monitor turn off
after the prescribed interval (which means it's on all night if I pause
my movie and go out/to bed).

Basically it defeats what I have set under:
   Display Properties->Screen Saver->Monitor Power->Power->Settings for Home/Office Desk power scheme->Turn off monitor
which is currently 1 hour.

What I need is for either another control to turn off the defeating of
the 'Turn off monitor' delay or have the 'Disable screensaver' being
turned off to also disable the defeating of the 'Turn off monitor'
delay.

In case I missed it somewhere in the controls - please let me know;
else please consider this a request for enhancement and let me know
where it ends up on the todo list.

Thanks in advance for any consideration/help.

PS: Love VLC - use it daily - thanks to all creators/maintainers.