[vlc] Playlist can't display Chinese

Hugh boxxxxxoq at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 04:32:06 CET 2010

Hi Geeks,

I use VLC to listen to some Chinese music. Certainly the name of the mp3 is
in Chinese. But all of them displayed in the Playlist and in the main VLC
Player are in a mess.
Can anybody help advise on this? I've tried to find the configuration file
but failed to get it.

OS: Linux Slackware
VLC version:
http://connie.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/vlc/pkg/13.0/vlc-1.0.4-i486-1alien.tgz

PS: Say if I select a dozen pieces of the mp3 music in a directory and right
click to use VLC playing them. Then their mp3 names in the Playlist can be
displayed correctly in Chinese, but when the VLC Player plays them one by
one, their name will become a mess at each of the very beginning.