[vlc] Problems about WMA fixed point

Rémi Denis-Courmont remi at remlab.net
Mon Jan 25 11:23:00 CET 2010

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:55:55 +0800, 廖俊凱 (kai_liao) <kai_liao at sis.com>
wrote:
> I directly use vlc-1.0.4\modules\codec\wmafixed to decode .wma files, but
> I found there is noise when decoding low bit rate file, others is OK. For
> example: if files are sample rat : 32K or 48K, bit rate : lower than 32K,
> there would be noise.  Can you give me any suggestions ?  Thank you very
> much.

That decoder comes from the RockBox project. It is very seldom used in VLC.
Most users have a floating point unit and will prefer the WMA decoder from
libavcodec.

It might well be that wma_fixed is buggy.
I never got it to work correctly either (tested on ARMv7).

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.remlab.net