[vlc] New "Program" folder appears during MSI installation

Stepan Tuma stepan_tuma at londonmarketing.com
Thu Jul 1 11:20:19 CEST 2010

Hi VLC team,

I am using your VLC player for many years and I am very satisfied with
it, also I am creating VLC MSI package and deploying it on to other
machines. After deploying a new version 1.1, today morning, its
installation created a new folder with name "Program" on every machine's
C:// drive. After rebooting computers, OS 2003 XP came up with the pop
up window, saying "Please rename the folder Program, to secure your
program on your PC ...etc". I never had this kind of problem with
previous VLC MSI installations. Is there any reason why it does it this
time? During the MSI compiling, I exactly specified the root folder on
C:\Program Files where the new VLC1.1 will be installed.

Many thanks for your help

Stepan Tuma