[vlc] Separate Mailing List For Mac Users? [Mac]

kenneth krabat krabat at menneske.dk
Mon Jul 5 04:03:46 CEST 2010

Just to make a point, but not to rub it in anybody's faces: I guess
you are aware that we are having a very OSX-ish and personal
conversation in the midst of a very serious developer string? :-D

Good fun.

I believe the subject suffix could work. And make this more fun -
maybe for everyone?

Den 04/07/2010 kl. 19.27 skrev WordWeaver777:

> At 4:11 PM +0200 on 7/4/10, kenneth krabat wrote:
>
>> Well, having followed this mailing list for some years (2?
>> 3?) I kinda feel like I in this case would need special
>> treatment. I mean - it's a PPC CPU, and me refusing to go Intel
>> is just idiosyncratic romance...
>
> Ha! Gosh! You sound just like me when OSX first came out. It
> seemed so foreign to me compared to beautiful, wonderful, and
> very familiar OS 9. And what? No Apple Menu?! Blasphemy of
> blasphemies!  :)
>
> Believe it or not, but I didn't upgrade to OSX until at least
> two years after it had first been introduced.

Ditto - and what fond memories: The transferance of data cost me 10
years of very meticously organized library of artifacts and personal-
interest-subject texts. But I forgave Apple after some months of OS X.

>> ANd why would I close a VLC window without stopping the video
>> first? Have you never gotten disgusted with a shit movie that
>> you never wanted to spend another 2 seconds with?
>
> Yes, of course; but I would still hit the stop button first.
> As you said, treat her like a lady.

That's the learning process - and to newcomers else reading over our
shoulders: No software ever just works! End of story.

:-)
kk

> As far as movies that fit your description, I am ashamed to
> say that I will never get back the time that I spent watching
> "Napoleon Dynamite". And I can think of a few other movies
> which, in my view, fit into that same category as well:
>
> Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas
> The Big Lebowski
> Forgetting Sarah Marshall
>
> Those are just some of the worst. There are others.
>
> SnidelyW

> Armageddon BBS      : Telnet to endtimeprophecy.mine.nu
> RSS Feed            : http://202.128.64.54/Endtime-Prophecy-Net-RSS-Feed.xml

cell: +45 2049 4468

youTube  |  mail  |  facebook  |  blog  |  LinkedIn  |  iTunes Podcast

(links can only be viewed in rich text format)