[vlc] VLC crashes in very short backward jump [Win]

Paulo Barata pbarata at infolink.com.br
Mon Jul 19 14:28:22 CEST 2010

To the VLC list,

I would like to report that VLC media player 1.1.0 very often
chashes when I use repeatedly the "very short backward jump"
through the keyboard hotkey. The program crashes indeed, it closes
completely, not just freezes. I had to uninstall VLC 1.1.0 and go
back to VLC 1.0.5, for which this problem does not occur.

I run VLC on Windows XP SP3. My processor is a AMD Athlon 64 X2
Dual, core processor 5000+, 2.61 GHz, with 4 Gb RAM.

The hotkeys for "very short backward jump" and "very short forward
jump" have been reassigned to "Left" and "Right" respectively,
in both VLC 1.1.0 and VLC 1.0.5.

Thanks to the VLC developers for this very good media player.

Regards,

Paulo Barata
(Rio de Janeiro - Brazil)