[vlc] [Mac OS X 10.6.4] VLC Issue

Giacomo Stargiotti tyrexionibus at tyrexionibus.com
Sat Jul 24 17:14:35 CEST 2010

  Dear VLC team,

my name is Giacomo Stargiotti and I live in Italy.

I use VLC to view videos and to play music (in most cases).

I recently bought a new MacBook Pro 15,4'' and I'm experiencing troubles
using VLC.

The main issue is a sudden crash that happens ALWAYS when I follow these
steps:

1) Left-click a file
2) Select "Open with -> VLC"

It doesn't matter if VLC is open. If it is not it starts, then the
progress bar (the one that shows the time and progress of the
video/song) hangs on for a few seconds and VLC crashes.

If it's already open it happens the same.

Note that this happens ONLY the first time I try to play a song/video.
The second time all goes smoothly without any problem.

Please tell me if I have to send you some logs about VLC.

Specs of my MacBook Pro:

CORE: Intel Core 2 Duo 2,53 GHz
RAM: 4 GB RAM 1067 MHz DDR3
OS Version: Snow Leopard 10.6.4