[vlc] browser plugin for openSUSE

E.J.M. Hartman E.J.M.Hartman at tudelft.nl
Tue Jul 27 14:32:18 CEST 2010

Just a short question:
we here are using VLC mostly as mediaplayer under the web browser.

But since version 1.0 in the "official" openSUSE repositories there is
no vlc-mozillaplugin package (or something like it) anymore.
We're currently in the process of updating from openSUSE 11.1 to 11.3,
but neither of the repo's for those versions:
http://download.videolan.org/pub/vlc/SuSE/11.?
has anything like the plugin that used to be there for 1.06 and earlier:
vlc-mozillaplugin-1.0.6-1.15

Especially for the new 11.3 system I would like to support VLC again
under the fireox browser there (3.6.?).

I looked into the sources and founc these file:
vlc-1.1.1/projects/mozilla/vlcplugin.h
vlc-1.1.1/projects/mozilla/vlcplugin.cpp
so a plugin does still seem to be reported, but A haven't dared yet to
upgrade any of our machines to 1.1.? yet, it now still is working with
version 1.0.6 (in openSUSE 11.1), but of course I haven't got that
version of VLC available anymore for 11.3

I did see that packman does have a vlc-mozillaplugin package, but I
would prefer to keep on using the videolan repo's.

So: can a vlc-mozillaplugin package again be created or is the plugin
now contained into another package?
--
    TT       UU    UU     E-mail : E.J.M.Hartman at tudelft.nl
    TT        UUUUUU      Phone  : +31-15-27 82525 (GSM 62525)