[vlc] HD Movies

Marius Muntean mariusmuntean at msn.com
Wed Jul 28 14:36:24 CEST 2010

Hello, my name is Nick

I have noticed for a long time now, that VLC doesn't handle HD mkv movies very well. I have compared on the same 2 machines using different players.

Computer 1:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 2.0GHz

3.0GB RAM

Video Intel X3100

OS: Windows 7 Professional

Computer 2:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7250 2.0GHz

4.0GB RAM

Video ATI HD 3650

OS: Windows 7

Players tested: VLC, BSPlayer Free, KMPlayer.

I haven't noticed any problems playing 720p and 1080p movies using bsplayer, but when tried on VLC the movie hangs or has a choppy play. I am really looking forward to see VLC with these bugs fixed so I can give away Windows for good, I preffer Linux, but with no alternative to watch HD movies I am stuck with Windows and bsplayer.

On both machines the same bad result with VLC. I have to mention that there are no other codec packs installed to interfere with VLC's codec library.