[vlc] Support on Installation of VLC

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Wed Jun 9 22:39:52 CEST 2010

Hello Erik,

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 02:12:45PM -0400, Mork, Erik wrote :
> I'm working on creating a hard drive image for my bureau, and would like
> to include VLC media player 1.0.5 as part of my standard software suite.
> Unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding documentation on command-line
> switches to set options (other than /S for silent) for the installation
> of the program.  All of the command-line help that I've found has to do
> with post-installation use of the program.  If you could point me in the
> right direction, I'd appreciate it.

Unfortunately, our installer is really basic, and doesn't have much
options.
You can have a look at them here:
http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Docs/Chapter3.html

If this isn't enough for you, maybe running your customer installer is a
solution (it is quite easy, promise).

Btw, are you using to play DVDs or not?

Best Regards,

--