[vlc] Sick of OSX version

Jeff Snyder working_class_peon at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 13 00:44:46 CEST 2010

Hello Jean B., Felix and Pierre,

Thanks for your comments regarding Mac OSX and the current state of development of the Macintosh version of VLC.

Jean, I have to say that I was quite surprised, and discouraged by your response, as it certainly didn't offer a very sunny outlook for the future of the Mac version of VLC. If one of the leading developers of VLC has such a negative view of Mac OSX, what can we Mac users really expect in the future?

Felix and Pierre, thanks for your continued support of Mac OSX. I admit that at times I have felt quite frustrated by the slow pace of development of the Mac version of VLC, but I understand that you two only do this as a programming hobby in your spare time.

As I've stated before, I wish that I personally could do more to help the Mac VLC project, but I don't possess a programmer's bone in my body.

Jeff Snyder

27" 2.8 GHz Quad Core i7 iMac with 8 GB of RAM and a 2 TB Hitachi Hard Drive
Zippin' along, baby, zippin' along! Catch us if you can! -- Dave Clark Five 1965