[vlc] vlcportable: virus alert

dot dot1d at yahoo.de
Fri Jun 25 21:34:17 CEST 2010

Hello,

I just downloaded and installed the portable Version of VLC 1.1.0 from http://www.portableapps.com. My Virusscanner (Avira Antivir Version 9, up to date signatures, from http://www.avira.de) reported a Trojan TR/Rozena.gh[a-d] contained in the following plugins:

libxa_plugin.dll
libyuvp_plugin.dll
libtta_plugin.dll
libt140_plugin.dll

So, I'm rather unsure if this is a false positive or if there is a real problem, and reverted back to VLC 1.0.5. I thought it will be off interest to you for investigation and possible action. I would be thankful for a feedback in this matter.

Thanks for the good work with VLC anyway, keep up with it.

best regards
Stefan