[vlc] vlc Digest, Vol 34, Issue 3

Richard Hole richard.hole at truesolutions.info
Fri Mar 5 02:40:15 CET 2010

Hello

Thanks for the letter. I tried some of the keystrokes that were
suggested while VLC was playing and open and visible on the PC screen.
However, some of them did not seem to work. For example, “+” for
“Faster”. However “–“ for slower did work.
However, the below keystrokes worked and I was very impressed with this
feature as I never knew that fine adjustment were possible.
] Faster (fine)
[ Slower (fine)

By “Left” do you mean the left arrow near the bottom of the keyboard? I
tried this keystroke but nothing happened. Also, I tried “Alt+Left” for
“Short Backwards Jump” but nothing happened. This may have been what I
was wanting to do as asked in my previous letter. Is that so?

If so, it is a shame that the Alt key would also have to be pressed. It
would be good if just the Left arrow could be pressed for a step
backwards of perhaps 10 or 20 seconds. This is a lot easier than having
to press the Alt key as well. It would be better if just a single key
had to be pressed for the most used keystrokes like a step back. I
thought a small step back would be about the most used thing because
people would want to repeat something that they could not quite take in
or hear.
Would such a keystroke be possible?

Your help is appreciated
Regards Richard.