[vlc] vlc with the extension win32.exe? potential virus?

Felix Paul Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 5 23:37:32 CET 2010

Rodica,

On 27.02.2010, at 17:08, Rodica Mihai wrote:

> Hello! I need to download your programme on my computer but I don´t trust the extension above mentioned because once I downloaded a virus with the same extension and I don´t want to do it for the second time. What do you advise, please? Can I trust that link? Thanks!

By searching the internet, you'll notice that exe is the default file extension for _exe_cutable files aka applications on some operating systems. Therefore, any application on these operating systems will be equipped with this extension independently of its specific benign or malign function.

Best regards,

Felix Kühne