[vlc] BUG-REPORT

Daniel Ludwig daniel.ludwig at moviedesign.de
Sun May 2 08:08:01 CEST 2010

HI all,
I would like to give you a bug-report on VLC 1.0.x  mac (intel).

If you try to playback bluray H264-m2ts-files that containing dolby digital audio the picture stutters, you´ll have a lot artifacts and drop-frames, in fact it is pixel- and artefakt-salat. this wouldn´t happen if you´ll have DTS HD MA instead of dolby AC3. in that case the picture will  be smoothly played without any problems. No dropped frames, stuttering or artifacts will be visible.

This problem might happen with VC-1 as well, but haven´t tested this yet.

Can you please have a look at it? I´m very interested in the technial background why this is happening, so can you please provide some informations on this problem?

thx a lot

danny

moviedesign
by Daniel Ludwig