[vlc] audio dropouts

Jarrett Bartlett jarbartlett at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 5 01:53:26 CET 2010

Hi.  Hope you can help.

When playing video files (.avi) or DVDs (not mp3s - they're fine), the audio drops out every 5 secs or so, for about 1/2 second.
I'm running VLC version 1.1.4 on Windows XP SP3.  AMD Phenom II X61055T Motherboard, using it's built in video card.
I've tried switching the output module - they all do the same except Simple DirectMedia Layer, in which the sound still seems to drop out, but much more often yet just seems to drop in volume, not cut completely out.

Thanks for any suggestions.