[vlc] Can vlc break your computer? NO!

Arioch the_Arioch at nm.ru
Fri Nov 19 17:47:47 CET 2010

В письме от Sun, 31 Oct 2010 15:13:24 +0300, PK <djc at resiak.org> сообщал:

> If a computer is designed so that its electronics deliver an amount of
> electricity to the speakers that will break them

I would say t differently.

i'm pretty sure HP delivers Windows OEM with their notebooks and delivers
audio-drivers on their web-site and with notebook.

I'd compare it to situation like:

  I asked my wife to take may car (with diesel motor) and fill it with fuel.
  She took my car and drove it to fuel station, where asked manager to fues
it.
  The manager dispatched on of his workers to do it.
  The worker made fault and filed it with gasoline, rather than diesel
fuel. Machine broken.

Can i say "my wife fueled my car" ?
   Yes, i can, in vast sense of words, that i use speaking with neiibourghs.
      "- where's you car, Joe?
       - My wife went to fuel it"
   No, in strict word, used in courts and in contracts.

"I" stands for user here
"Wife" - VCL
My word to wife - pressing "play" button in VLC
The manager - Windows
Her order to the manager - VLC's cal to Win32/DirectX API, expressing
order to sound, usung digits to represent sound
The worker - the audio drivers
The fuel - the electrical current, used to represent sound
The motor - the speakers
The fuel column - the motherboard

Be it Windows, drivers or motherboard to blame - it is not me or my wife

--
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/