[vlc] Playback control, button/hotkey? For playlist.

dimclockwork at gmail.com dimclockwork at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 21:02:30 CET 2010

Hello glorious developer, This subject is all over the forums and has
not been answered! <- That is the reason why I am emailing VLC.

I love VLC and use it for everything I watch. However, when using
VLC's playlist, when the next file comes up, the speed setting (e.g.
1.5x) resets to 1.0x. I know there is a workaround in the advanced
setting menu (under input/codecs, then playback control), but having
to go there each time is pretty tedious. If a button and/or hotkey
could be created that would "virtually" check and uncheck that option
(i.e. enable and disable the code used for the option), a lot of users
would be satisfied. Again, I email this because this question is all
over the forums (56-200 threads started) and people would really
really like this option.

Thank you,

- VLC user