[vlc] vlc & jack

Elliott Chapin echapin at teksavvy.com
Sun Oct 3 19:06:39 CEST 2010

On 10/03/2010 12:18 PM, Nicolas Chauvet wrote:
> 2010/10/3 Elliott Chapin<echapin at teksavvy.com>:
>> For me they work well together (on FC13), except jack only sees vlc when vlc
>> is actually playing something; so output is cut off when a piece ends
>> (repeats, loops don't work). I have been looking over the resources - no
>> luck so far. Remarks?
> Are you really using the jack audio output ?

Yes.

(you need vlc-plugin-jack
> and to explicitely select jack as an audio output).

I know. I get jack running and open vlc. vlc doesn't appear on the
connection panel until it is playing something. Then I connect vlc to
jack output and I have sound. When that particular piece finishes the
connection disappears and I can't hear what vlc is doing. Clear enough?

> Nicolas (kwizart)

Elliott Chapin
http://clients.teksavvy.com/~echapin