[vlc] vlc & jack

Christophe Mutricy xtophe at chewa.net
Sun Oct 3 21:04:01 CEST 2010

On Sun, Oct 03, 10 at 13:06 -0400, Elliott Chapin wrote:
> I know. I get jack running and open vlc. vlc doesn't appear on the
> connection panel until it is playing something. Then I connect vlc to
> jack output and I have sound. When that particular piece finishes the
> connection disappears and I can't hear what vlc is doing. Clear enough?

That's the design of the audio core in VLC which is like that. An audio
output module is present only when needed.

There is for some element of the video output modules the ability to be
reused or at least to have some properties carried on.

And I don't know if such feature are not implemented in the audio core
or if it's just the jack output which don't implement them.

--
Xtophe