[vlc] VLC Media Player Glitch

chillibob at telus.net chillibob at telus.net
Fri Sep 3 21:09:35 CEST 2010

A very strange thing happened on my computer, associated with your VLC Media
Player.  For some unknown reason, I began to hear a ticking noise in my
stereo speakers, like a quiet clock ticking.  My audio system and computer
sound components were not the cause.  When I tried to play a standard audio
CD, the VLC Media Player crashed and closed, and it did this repeatedly, in
spite of restarting the computer and re-inserting the audio CD.  I could
play the CD using Windows Media Player, but the ticking continued in the
background, even though the VLC player was not running.

I uninstalled the VLC Player, deleted the install files, cleaned up the
Registry, then downloaded a fresh copy of the player from your website and
installed it.  Now it works fine.  I thought you might find this information
useful.

Robert Blacklock