[vlc] Reg: libdvdcss

Syed Ahsan syedahsan1101 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 17 14:45:04 CEST 2010

 Hi,

  I want to copy a file from DVD to local storage. I tried libdvdcss and found it very stable. The problem I am facing is that libdvdcss doesn't provide any function that given a filename as input, it returns the starting lsn and the number of sector that file spans. (If this function would have existed, I simply would have seek to starting lsn using dvdcss_seek function, and then would have read # of blocks that file spans using dvdcss_read function). Is there a way I can create a similar function using the existing model in libdvdcss, or if this kind of function already exists, please redirect me to it. I used libcdio's iso9660 library to do the same, but found libcdio very unstable for DVDs.

Thank You.

--

Ahsan