[vlc] VLC behaviour in Mac OS X

Felix Kühne fkuehne.videolan at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 14 12:41:57 CEST 2011

Hi Alexander,

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 9:39 AM, Alexander <marktwain09 at rambler.ru> wrote:
> Hello, dear VLC developers! At first I want to say thank you so much for
> this amazing app, than today is best of all on any computer platform. You
> did excellent job!
> But I want to ask you add some changes, because I have a discomfort with VLC
> in Mac OS X:
>
> VLC is tottaly hard to use with great Apple Remote Control because you
> change behavior of volume changing process. If I use QuickTime and change
> volume from Remote, it's change only volume of Mac OS X. The value of
> QuickTime volume is not changed. In VLC you change it and it is not unusual
> and slow.

thanks for your feedback. I'm thinking about adding an option to
change the volume switch's behavior within VLC, so you can choose
between the current and the QuickTime way of doing this. Both ways may
be useful.

> But please don't ask me to uncheck settings "Control playback with apple
> remote" because how than can change the video file from remote?

You can use the forward and backward keys on your remote to navigate
the playlist. Regrettably, there is currently no way to browse your
harddisk for additional files using the Apple Remote. Patches would be
welcome of course.

Best regards,

Felix

--