[vlc] subtitles

Giorgos Kremastiotis giorgoskrt at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 00:03:26 CEST 2011

I am using VLC 1.1.8 The Luggage on O.S. Windows 7 Professional , and I am
facing a problem with subtitles. Actually I open with VLC media player
movies in avi files with subtitles in srt files. The subtitles are written
in greek, using greek characters and the media player cannot display them
correctly. However I think that with an older version of VLC I could watch
movies with greek subtitles. I wonder if there is anything I can do to make
this happen again.
I am looking forward to your sooner reply, and I hope there is a solution.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Yours sincerely Giorgos Krt.