[vlc] What is going on?

Robert Holtzman holtzm at cox.net
Tue Apr 19 07:17:33 CEST 2011

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 12:37:12PM -0700, Joe Walters wrote:
> Yesterday I installed VLC version: 1.1.8
> (I updated to 1.1.9 today. Same results as noted below.)
>
> When I tried to listen to a local streaming FM station using:
> connect_high to KJZZ.m3U
> I've used the above quite often prior to updating to 1.1.8.
> I got the following message:
>
> HTTP authentication
> Please enter a valid login name and a password for realm (null).

      ..........snip.........

I just got thru fighting this fight. KJZZ just changed their streaming
provider. Go to Their site and read about it on the Home page. It tells
you to delete your KJZZ file from your playlist, click on the "listen"
button on the Home page, choose (in your case) the m3u button and, when
it starts, Media > Save Playlist to File will do the trick. No
guarantees but that's what I did and I listened to Bob Corritore's show
all Sunday night that way.

BTW, KSDS (San Diego) has the same provider and the same fix applies.

Keep on keepin' on.

--
Bob Holtzman
Key ID: 8D549279