[vlc] Problem with vlc media player (video but no sound)

Matthias Strobel matthias-strobel at gmx.de
Tue Apr 19 15:19:02 CEST 2011

Dear videolan team,
i´ve a problem with my vlc player (ver. 1.1.9) (excuse my bad english,
i´m a german boy)

my system:
1st PC:(it´s a desktop pc)
windows xp professional sp3; athlon 64 3200+; Ati Radeon X1300/1500
series; 2 different dvd drives (1burner, 1readonly); 786 MB RAM; onboard
sound device (sometimes an external but there´s the same problem)

2nd Pc (This system is a notebook : Toshiba Satellite L650d-11g);
windows 7 home premium sp1; AMD Turion II p520 2*2,3 ghz; 4GB RAM; ATI
hd5650; blu-ray burner ; onboard sound

i tried to record a dvd
Some dvd records are successful but most of them aren´t.
The problem: On the record there´s all the time a picture but after ca.
60 min there isn´t any sound. I looked in the vlc-forum but i were not
able to find an answer or workaround to this question.
(http://trac.videolan.org/vlc/ticket/3136). I tried to use another
system or another dvd drive but there weren´t any changes. On both
systems the problem is the same.
But I´ve recorded a dvd which is bigger than 4gb (6,09 gb) and it was
successful.

Is there any workaround which can repair this problem? Or will this
problem be solved in a future version of vlc media player?

thanks for answering my question
matthias strobel