[vlc] bug VLC

Irene Boers boers.irene at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 16:25:15 CEST 2011

Dear VLC,

Ive recently downloaded the new VLC version for Mac, hoping it would
fix the following bug.
When I open an .avi file with VLC, by using the 'Open with'  option,
VLC blocks when I open it, and I need to use the 'Force Programs to
Stop' menu to quit VLC. The second time around, VLC usually plays the
file without problems.
When I installed the new VLC version, first the 'open with' fuction
did not work at all anymore, I got an error window in Finder. When I
opened the file in VLC itself, there wasn't any problem. But the bug
returns, and VLC keeps crashing. Today it even crashed the whole
computer system and I had to use a hard reset.

Do you know of this bug? What can I do to fix it? This latest big
crash was not reported in the crash log.

Regards,
Irene Boers