[vlc] Requires support on Opening VLC through JAVA

Dinesh Lohar dalohar at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 13:38:37 CEST 2011

Hi All,

*Greetings of the day!*

First of all very very thanks for developing such a genius software.
Also best wishes for future.

Now let's move towards the subject.

I am using VLC to play my some video on *Ubuntu Linux* Platform.
And I am controlling the VLC through Telnet interface and it works fine.

I am using a Java Program to run VLC ( e.g. *process.runtime.exec("vlc")* ).
It works also.

But similarly to improve my OS performance I am removing some applications
and Processes through Ubuntu.
But then the VLC doesn't open with above process. But when I opens it
through terminal by typing VLC it get starts.

Please help me on this issue. Is there any dependency? If yes what it is?

Regards,

Dinesh